27/08/2009

Takeaways named after movies #2: El Mariachi

Now, I'm not liking the lack of food-based puns, but this Robert Rodriguez inspired restaurant has a few big selling points in my book.

View Larger Map
First up, there's the awful slogan along the top (Don't siesta - let's fiesta), which ranks up there with the Chinese translation of McDonald's I'm Lovin' It ("I just like it"). Then there's the cactus with a sombrero floating inexplicably above it, like a Hispanic UFO looking for work:
Sorry, that was a bit out of order, wasn't it? I didn't mean it. But what's won me over is the shop it's next to:

View Larger Map
FIREPLACE WORLD! Just think of the day out you and your family could have on the Richmond Road with attractions like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has this place/deep fried object made you throw up? Let us know.